COVID-19 School Closure & Remote Learning Information
Please be advised that as per Governor Cuomo, all schools in New York State are now officially closed through the end of the 2019-20 academic year.
School Budget and Board Elections Postponed
As per an Executive Order from Governor Cuomo, all school budget votes and Board of Education elections, initially scheduled for May 19, 2020, have been postponed until after June 1 as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. All school districts are subject to further directive by the Governor as to the timing, location or manner of voting for such elections. We will continue to update you as we finalize a revised budget calendar.
Correspondence from Dr. Kusum Sinha
- Parent Update - May 31, 2020
- Parent Update - May 3, 2020
- Parent Update - April 18, 2020
- Parent Update - April 9, 2020
- Parent Update - April 5, 2020
- Parent Update – April 2, 2020
- Parent Update - March 28, 2020
- Superintendent's Update - March 26, 2020
- Primary Schools Letter to Parents RE: Remote Learning
- Stewart School Letter to Parents Re: Digital Learning
- School Closing Letter from Dr. Sinha
- Update on School Closing - March 15, 2020
- Update on School Closing - March 16, 2020
- Middle School/High School Remote Learning Structure - March 17, 2020
- K-5 Remote Learning Structure - March 17, 2020
- Registration Information for Emergency Childcare
- Garden City Middle School Family Letter - March 19, 2020
- Kindergarten Screening Postponed
- Updated Superintendent’s Message re: Coronavirus – March 13, 2020
- Letter Re: Coronavirus
- Updated Superintendent’s Message re: Coronavirus – March 7, 2020
Information re: August 2020 Regents Exams
Remote Learning Information
Family Resources and Mental Health Supports
- Garden City Mental Health and Wellness Resources
- Guided Meditation for Children
- How to talk to an anxious child about coronavirus
- Parent Resource on How to Talk to Your Child About the Coronavirus
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) A Parent Resource
- Talking With Children: Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and Teachers During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Brainpop - an easily accessible popular video for children discussing the virus and how can you prevent it
- CDC: Share Facts not Fear - busting some of the myths
- COVID-19 Vocabulary Guide - with so much specialist terminology being used, this list can help fluency and aid understanding
Grab and Go Meal Service Schedule Update
Effective Monday, April 20 the district will be shifting to a three-day schedule for the Grab and Go food distribution service to residents. Meals will be distributed on Monday, Tuesday and Friday of every week unless further notification is given.
Monday: One breakfast and one lunch will be distributed per child.
Tuesday: Three breakfasts and three lunches will be distributed per child to cover Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday meals.
Friday: Three breakfasts and three lunches will be distributed per child to cover Friday, Saturday and Sunday meals.
This revised schedule is designed to reduce the number of trips residents must make to pick up meals. Garden City High School will remain the pickup location. Meals can be picked up 9 am-11 am at the cafeteria doors.
All children 18 and under are welcome to a meal. Residents are asked to please bring your own bag.
For more information on emergency childcare during this extended school closure, please click here.