Return to Headlines
Board of Education Highlights: 7/6/21 Meeting
The following are highlights of discussions and actions from the July 6 Board of Education meeting. For the full minutes and audio recordings from the meeting, please refer to “Agendas and Minutes” under the “Board of Education” section.
- The annual Board Reorganization Meeting was held prior to the regular session. Re-elected Board of Education trustees Michael Cassaro and Tom Pinou were sworn into their new three-year terms. William Holub and Stefanie Granville took oaths of office as President and Vice President, respectively. Superintendent of Schools Dr. Kusum Sinha and Assistant Superintendent for Business and Finance/District Clerk Dana DiCapua were also sworn in to renew their roles for the coming year.
- Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction, Dr. Edward Cannone presented the Next Steps in Word Study. The full presentation is available here: Next Steps in Word Study.
- Superintendent of Schools Dr. Kusum Sinha shared highlights from graduation and announced that summer programs were off to a smooth start. She noted several courses that were on the agenda – Music Industry Technology and Theory at the high school, Music in Our Lives for eighth graders and German 6 at the middle school. She thanked TMA for annual ceremony that honored student athletes.
- Michael Vespe was appointed as Director of Literacy K-12. He will commence his new role in August. The appointment of a new Stratford Elementary School Assistant Principal will be announced later this summer.
- The Board graciously approved the donation of a memorial bench in honor of the Madigan Family, made by Garden City High School teacher and owner of Mike's Design and Fabrication, Mr. Michael Stano. The Class of 2021 donated a sign for the baseball field.