PSEG’s Western Nassau Transmission Project
Beginning in spring 2020, PSEG will begin construction on a new underground transmission line in Western Nassau County. According to PSEG, the upgrades will make their system more resilient and are necessary in order to maintain a safe, robust and reliable power system. A portion of the construction will directly affect the Garden City area, which will include periodic road closures. The district anticipates that the majority of the construction will take place during the summer months; however, work will begin this spring and is likely to impact local travel on area roads. As we find out more detailed information over the next several months, we will keep the community informed, specifically as it pertains to bus routes.
For more information regarding the Western Nassau Transmission Project, click here.
PSEG Long Island Western Nassau Transmission Project Two Week Look Ahead
Update for the week of December 2, 2019 for Garden City and Uniondale
* Location of Work: 550 Stewart Avenue marshalling yards, Village of Garden City.
* Description of Work: Storage of materials and equipment for the project.
* Timeframe of Work: Generally Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
* Details of Work:
* Materials and equipment necessary to construct the Western Nassau Transmission Project will soon be stored at the 550 Stewart Avenue marshalling yard.
* Travel impacts:
* There are no significant travel impacts associated with this work.