Welcome to the Garden City IT Department Page
AVOID GETTING HACKED
- Approach unsolicited e-mails with a healthy dose of skepticism.
- Try to avoid opening spam e-mails in the first place, even if they arrive in your inbox. Instead, ignore and delete them.
- Scrutinize the grammar and language used in the body of the e-mails you do open to determine their authenticity.
- Always check the From Address to make sure it legitimately matches the name of the sender.
- Do not reply if you are suspicious that a message is not actually from the named person. Instead, generate a new message to the known person’s legitimate e-mail address, and ask them about the suspect message.
- Do not click on links within a spam e-mail unless you are trying to opt out of being on their mailing list.
- Never provide any personal information, contact information such as cell phone number, user names, or passwords in response to any e-mail.
- Contact the IT department if you are ever unsure of the legitimacy of an e-mail or a website.