PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO REGISTER FOR OUR FALL 7TH AND 8TH GRADE OUTDOOR INTRAMURAL PROGRAM:
Dear Parents/Guardians of 7th and 8th Grade Students,
I hope that this email finds you and your family enjoying a safe, happy and healthy start to the school year.
We are excited to announce that we will be offering an after school Outdoor Intramural Program for our 7th and 8th grade students.
The goal of this program is to provide our students the opportunity to continue to improve on their skill and fitness levels within a safe and enjoyable environment.
The framework of our Outdoor Intramural Program is outlined below:
- It will begin on October 14th, 2020
- Each activity would run after school on the designated days below from 3:30-4:30.
- Students who attend school on Day 1 will attend on Day 1. Students who attend school on Day 2 will attend on Day 2.
DAY 1 A-K STUDENTS
DAY 1 L-Z STUDENTS
DAY 2 A-K STUDENTS
DAY 2 L-Z STUDENTS
- Students who choose fulltime remote instruction will be assigned to either a Day 1 or Day 2 Cohort based on their last name and will be required to submit the Daily COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire.
- The activities that we are offering include the following:
7th Grade Boys Soccer
7th Grade Girls Soccer
8th Grade Boys Soccer
8th Grade Girls Soccer
7th Grade Boys Cross Country
7th Grade Girls Cross Country
8th Grade Boys Cross Country
8th Grade Girls Cross Country
7th Grade Boys Strength and Conditioning
7th Grade Girls Field Hockey
8th Grade Boys Strength and Conditioning
8th Grade Girls Field Hockey
- All 7th and 8th grade students will be welcomed to participate as long as they attend on their scheduled days, are compliant with safety protocols and follow the established procedures.
- Sign-ups and Health Updates will be done through Family ID.
- We have replaced the Green Athletic Health History/Permission Form with a new online program called FamilyID. This program can be found on the top of the GCMS athletic webpage gardencity.k12.ny.us/.
- For your child to be cleared to participate you must complete the FamilyID Clearance Forms found on the middle school athletic webpage no later than 10/13/20.
- These forms contain important health information reviewed by the Health office as well as the mandatory policies and agreements.
- There will not be any “tryouts.” We will be able to accommodate everyone that signs up.
- Daily attendance will be required for students who sign up and participate
- This serves two purposes: 1) contact tracing and 2) parents have the expectation that their child will be in attendance and accounted for.
- Participation in this program is completely voluntary and will not have any impact on your child trying out for interscholastic athletics, if we are able to have a season during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Coaches and Students will be wearing masks.
- Students must have their own water bottles to drink from. No sharing of water bottles is allowed.
- Students will be provided with frequent mask breaks.
- The school will provide all necessary equipment needed. (Only Field Hockey Players will be required to bring their own sticks and goggles)
- Locker Rooms will not be available for use. Students must wear appropriate attire to school due to not being able to change prior to the activity.
- After school the students will meet their coaches at the following designated outdoor locations:
7th Grade Boys Soccer-
West Goal of Soccer Field by Train Tracks
7th Grade Girls Soccer-
West Goal of Soccer Field by Stewart Ave
8th Grade Boys Soccer-
East Goal of Soccer Field by Train Tracks
8th Grade Girls Soccer-
East Goal of Soccer Field by Stewart Ave
7th Grade Boys Strength and Conditioning-
West End Zone on Football Practice Field
7th Grade Field Hockey-
South Goal on Football Field
8th Grade Boys Strength and Conditioning-
East End Zone on Football Practice Field
8th Grade Field Hockey-
North Goal on Football Field
Boys X-Country- Baseball Field
Girls X-Country- Softball Field
- At the conclusion of the training session, students will be dismissed from the fields to go home, they will not reenter the building.
- In the event of inclement weather prior to the end of the school day, we will cancel so that students can still take the bus home or get picked up.
- In the event of inclement weather after the end of the school day and during activity the students will return to the middle school for sheltering and socially distance in designated locations until their rides come to take them home.
Thank you for your attention to this matter,
Dr. Eric Nezowitz - Interim Principal
Mike Tullo - Middle School Athletic Coordinator
Eamonn Flood - District Athletic Director
Garden City Middle School Athletics
98 Cherry Valley Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530
516-478-3000 Ext. 5
Michael TulloMiddle School Athletic Coordinator
The Garden City Middle School Athletic Program is designed to supplement the school’s academic programwith a wide variety of student activities.