Amanda Hauser, District Coordinator of Music and the Arts
Welcome to the 2022-2023 Arts and Music page! In Garden City Schools, the Art and Music Department seeks to foster a society that values the arts as part of a universal education, and an essential expression of the human experience.
I would like to especially recognize our recent noteworthy achievements:
- Garden City Schools was awarded 2022 Best Communities for Music Education for the 9th year in a row
- A GCHS junior was named the People’s Choice winner in this year’s New York’s 4th Congressional District Art Competition.
- GCHS Senior is a recipient of the 2022 Scholar Artist award in the area of Media Art.
- A GCHS senior vocalist has been accepted as a member of the 2022 NAfME All-National Mixed Choir as a Bass
- GCHS Chamber Choir and Concert Choir received Superior ratings at the 2022 Music in the Parks
- GCHS Orchestra received First place Orchestra and First place Overall Orchestra at the 2022 Music in the Parks
- GCMS 8th Grade Band received a Superior rating and the Esprit de Corps Award at the 2022 Music in the Parks
- A GCMS student under the direction of Jennifer Iovino was awarded a 2022 NMEA Scholarship to attend the Pierrot Chamber Music Festival
- A GCHS student under the direction of Dr. James McCrann was awarded a 2022 NMEA Scholarship to attend the Pierrot Chamber Music Festival
- GCHS Symphonic Band received First place Concert Band and First place Overall Band at the 2022 Music in the Parks
- GC Marching Band won the 2021 USBANDS NYS Championship for Group II A
- Every year, the achievements of our art students are celebrated as they are selected to participate in ASA All-County, Go Ape, The Heckscher Museum of Art: Long Island's Best exhibitions, to name a few.
Congratulations to all our talented students for your excellent accomplishments in the Arts!
+ Develop young peoples' ability to contribute to the world around them.
+ Reach students who are not otherwise being reached.
+ Connect students to themselves and each other.
+ Transform the environment for learning.
+ Provide new challenges for those students already considered successful.
+ Connect learning experiences to the world of real work.