Current Event 12: Study: Parents who give their teens alcohol are inviting trouble
Read the article and answer the following questions:
1. Do you see a lot of underage drinking in Garden City? If so, where is the drinking occuring (at homes with parents are present, at homes while parents are out, while teens are out...etc)
2. Why do you think that some teens decide to drink?
3. What is your opinion on parents providing their children with alcohol? Support your opinion.
4. Research shows that 3 out of 4 teens say their parents are leading influences on their decisions about drinking. Do you feel your parents influence your decisions about drinking? Why or why not?
5. Do you believe the drinking age should be lowered in the United States, similar to that of Europe? Why or why not?