Health Quarter Project
Directions: Please choose from the following list of options for the quarter project if you have any questions please see your teacher. All papers must be typed. All projects need to be preapproved by your teacher no later than 1 1/2 weeks before it’s due. Students may not choose the same project for both quarter 1 and quarter 2. You must choose two different project options.
- C.P.R or First Aid Course - successful completion of a three or nine hour course. You must have a letter from the agency and the contact information. Type up a one page (double spaced reaction paper about your experience and what you learned). If you are already certified you cannot use your past experience it must be done during the quarter.
- Develop and videotape your own commercial/infomercial show - regarding a public health message or issue. Your product must show that you have done the research on your topic and be educational, see teacher for more information. This can be done with ONE partner in the class or someone else who is taking health. See rubric. PLEASE SEE YOUR TEACHER PRIOR TO CHOOSING YOUR TOPIC
- Health Media Project: MOVIE/TV: Answer the following questions after viewing a movie or TV show. What health issue (s) does this media source relate to? Choose a character and talk about some positive or negative choices that they made. What advice would you give to this person based on the knowledge you’ve learned in health class? What message (s) would teens get from watching this? Would you feel comfortable sharing/watching this with your parents/guardian? Why or Why not? You should have at least a paragraph for each answer, 2 page minimum. MOVIE MUST BE APPROVED BY TEACHERS
- Health Media Project: BOOK ( choose a book that is related to health) Check the listed books or if there is a book you want please check with the teacher first. Answer the following questions: What health issues does this media source relate to? Choose a character and talk about some positive or negative choices that they made. What advice would you give to this person based on the knowledge you’ve learned in health class? What message would teens get from reading this book? See attached book list. You should have at least a paragraph for each answer, 2 page minimum.
- Attend a health related seminar/educational program - (must be pre approved by teacher) you must have a note or some kind of verification of your attendance at the conference. Type up a one page paper (double spaced) reaction paper about your experience and what you have learned. (Winthrop community) Check GC News.
- Create a poster or presentation (powerpoint, prezi) on a specific type of cancer. Outline on the website or ask your teacher. Send via email AND hand in hard copy, print out handouts not full slides.
- Health Board Game (Up to 2 people): Create a board game themed around a health topic. You will need to create a list of 20 facts, rules, game pieces, cards, the board and anything else needed to play your game. You should use color throughout Write a list of at least 20 important facts from this unit(you may do more) on a piece of paper. These facts must be used in your game in some way. Write the instructions for your game. Create any cards or pieces that will be needed for your game.
- Community Service- see the community service handout on the health website
- Be Creative: if there is something that you are interested in let me know... I'm open to new ideas
If for whatever reason you cannot print your project at home please email your teacher and send it as an attachment so I have it on the due date.
LATE PROJECTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!