Garden City Middle School Girls Spring Track
· To teach athletes the basics of track and field
· To introduce middle school athletes to the techniques used by the varsity coaches
· To help each athlete to find their best events
· To increase your overall fitness and health
· Practice is intense and athletes are encouraged to prepare mentally and physically for practice which includes eating a healthy food.
· Practice will be from 3:30 to 5:00pm daily.
· Athletes will meet in the cafeteria at promptly at 3:30pm for attendance.
· Practice will be held weekly and on some Saturdays
· Practice will not be held over breaks but athletes will be required to workout on their own.
· Practice will be held outdoors or indoors depending on the weather.
· You must be properly equipped in order to practice. You MUST have the following:
o Proper footwear: Running shoes
o Clothing: Workout clothes covered by a sweatshirt and sweatpants (dependent on the weather)
o Hydration: You must supply your own water
· You are required to have 15 practices in order to participate in a meet.
· You are expected to attend and participate EVERYDAY that there is a meet or a practice.
· If you miss a meet or a practice, you are required to bring a note from your parent/guardian explaining your absence.
· Meets will be held outdoors. Appropriate dress is required.
- All athletes are required to ride the bus TO and FROM a game.
- Athletes may leave the playing field with a parent/guardian if transportation was arranged PRIOR to the game.
· All athletes will be given an equal opportunity to compete at meets.
· Practice: Weekday practices end at 5:00pm. Athletes will be picked up immediately after practice at Cafeteria Entrance.