The following websites have useful information for accessing services for students with a disability. Please check back often as the list will be updated on an ongoing basis.
1) Office of People with Developmental Disabilities
2) Social Security Disability Insurance:
3) Resources for Children with Special Needs (has a search engine on the website that will assist you in finding services such as respite, camps, recreational activities etc)
4) Access- Vocational training for students 18+
For more information about the services Access provides:
5) Office of Mental Health- provides respite services, outside counseling, etc.
6) Disability.gov- Connecting the Disability Community to Information & Opportunities
7) Preparing for Post Secondary Education:
8) The Guidance Conselor's Toolkit: Advising High School Students with Disabilities Postsecondary OptionsStttp://www.collegecareerlifeplanning.com/Documents/6%20Teacher%20Resources/c%20Career%20Tools%20K-12/Toolkit%20HS%20Guidance%20Students%20Disabilities.pdf