Vocabulary Unit 11 : Wednesday
Spelling Unit 14: Friday
Math Unit 4 (Division): Tuesday 1/28Reminders:
- The Reading Goal is 20 minutes per night for 7 days a week. (The Weekly Reading Log is due each Friday.)
- A Monthly Reading Response Log requires 6 short writing responses and is due the last school day of each month.
- January's Book Report is Mystery. It is due January 24th. (All books must be approved by the teacher before your child begins reading the book!) The book must be at least 100 pages long!
- Please check the Lion King Play Rehearsal schedule that was sent home. There are several FULL CAST rehearsals, including some that last until 4 PM.
- School will be closed January 20th for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- Stratford's 5th graders will attend Stewart's Opera performance on January 22nd.
- Garden City's Parent University is on January 30th. A notice was sent home earlier in the week with information about the event.
- Stratford's 5th Grade Musical is February 5th and 6th.
- Please be sure your child brings a water bottle for their desk to school each day. ** The classroom gets very hot!**
- **Please remember to SEND A NOTE or E-MAIL if there will be a change in your child's usual dismissal procedure, including riding their bike home. (It is a STRATFORD POLICY that permission must be given in writing.) **
- Please be sure to call or e-mail before 11:30 am if you are requesting homework be sent home due to an absence. Otherwise the work can not be prepared.
- For changes to dismissal routine that are sent via e-mail or phone, please be sure that you receive a confirmation from me to be sure I have received the message. (Call the office if you don't receive a confirmation.)
- Please check your email every day for important communications from Stratford.
Please Return: signed Friday Flyer, tests, & Reading Comprehension packet
(Please return the entire page!!)Teacher Comments: Students have begun researching their Latin American/South American countries in class. They are learning the skills of effective note-taking and using several resources. We also attended an informative assembly about choices for the Middle & High School music programs. In addition, we had a fun visit from the Harlem Wizards. The class was very excited! A notice about the Wizards game at the High School on February 1st was sent home earlier this week. Have a terrific weekend!! :)**This slip will come home every Friday with important information, tests, essays, and other important papers attached. Please review it, sign it, and have your child return it, with attached tests and other work (when attached), to school on Monday.