Vocabulary Unit 12: Wednesday
Spelling Unit 19: Friday
- The Reading Goal is 20 minutes per night for 7 days a week. (The Weekly Reading Log is due each Friday.)
- A Monthly Reading Response Log requires 6 short writing responses and is due the last school day of each month.
- March's Book Report is Fantasy. It is due March 31st. (All books must be approved by the teacher before your child begins reading the book!) The book must be at least 100 pages long! Directions were sent home earlier in the week.
- Report Cards will be available on the Parent Portal on Friday, March 20th.
- NYS ELA Assessment is Wednesday & Thursday, March 25th & 26th.
- The NYS Math Assessment is Tuesday & Wednesday, April 21st and 22nd.
- Please be sure your child brings a water bottle for their desk to school each day. ** The classroom gets very hot!**
- **Please remember to SEND A NOTE or E-MAIL if there will be a change in your child's usual dismissal procedure, including riding their bike home. (It is a STRATFORD POLICY that permission must be given in writing.) **
- Please be sure to call or e-mail before 11:30 am if you are requesting homework be sent home due to an absence. Otherwise the work can not be prepared.
- For changes to dismissal routine that are sent via e-mail or phone, please be sure that you receive a confirmation from me to be sure I have received the message. (Call the office if you don't receive a confirmation.)
- Please check your email every day for important communications from Stratford.
Please Return: signed Friday Flyer, tests, & Reading Comprehension packet
(Please return the entire page!!)Teacher Comments: The class attended an interesting assembly about living with an allergy this week. The speaker reminded students to not let their allergy or their friend's allergy define them as a person. He told all students to focus on what they CAN do, not what they can't do. It was an excellent message. We also started a unit on Multiplication & Division of Fractions this week. The class is learning to use different strategies and models to help multiply. We also attended the Middle School play which was very exciting. In addition, we began reading, Esperanza Rising, our latest class novel. It's a fabulous book with lots of incredible life lessons. We had a wonderful visit from a special Guest Reader, as well. The students loved her stories. Your child has his/her passwords for Google Classroom, IXL, & ReadWorks in his/her planner. They will be able to use these to access digital learning if it becomes necessary. Have a terrific weekend!! :)**This slip will come home every Friday with important information, tests, essays, and other important papers attached. Please review it, sign it, and have your child return it, with attached tests and other work (when attached), to school on Monday.