Friday, April 28, 2017
Today is a “B” day
Attention all AP students: If you missed your chance to complete registration paperwork for your AP exams Monday, it can be done during the day in the Main Office when you have your lunch period, study hall or a free period. It will take about 30 minutes and must be completed as soon as possible. This is required for all students taking an AP exam in May.
Seniors, stop by the Counseling Center to learn all about the many scholarship opportunities open to you. Scholarship information and postings are available in the Counseling Center and on our website. Remember to check Naviance for more scholarship information. The following scholarships are due:
Due today, April 28, 2017
· Adelphi University – Thomas & Richard Lovely Scholarship – this scholarship is open to any student in the top 25 percent of the senior class who will be attending Adelphi University.
· Brian J. O’Mara Memorial Scholarship –This scholarship is for students planning to attend the University of North Carolina or University of Richmond.
· Garden City High School Friends of Music – a graduating senior who has demonstrated excellence in music, as well as sustained participation in the District’s music programs. Involvement in extra-curricular activities and/or volunteer projects, particularly in a musical field, is high regarded.
· The Kristina Ricigliano Vocational Scholarship – a senior who has assisted the teachers and faculty in the education and development of Garden City High School students with special needs, and who has also expressed an interest in a career in special education.
Due Monday, May 1, 2017
· GCTA – Garden City Teachers Association – a senior who is planning a career in education
Freshman! Sophomores! Juniors! Seniors!
The Battle of the Classes is almost here – incredible raffles, crazy competition, awesome food and more. Make your class proud on May 19th to benefit the Malone Foundation.
The Color Blast is coming soon! The Miracle Club invites you to join the fun to benefit the Cancer Center for Kids. Sign up online or with Mrs. Fleming in Room 129.
Heart to Heart will hold a book drive this week. Please bring new and gently used children’s and young adult books to the tables outside the cafeteria at lunch. You will receive a raffle ticket for every book you bring in. The raffle winner will receive a $25 gift card to Dunkin’ Donuts.
The NO-EXCUSE Word of today is: Respectively
: in particular
: separately <could not recognize the solutions as salty or sour, respectively>
: in the order given <Mary and Anne were respectively 12 and 16 years old>