- Washing your hands often with soap and warm water. Alcohol-based hand cleansers are also effective.
- Avoiding people who are ill.
- Staying home from work or school if you are sick.
- Using tissue when you cough, sneeze or spit, and dispose of the tissue in a covered trash bin.
- Keeping hands away from your face. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cleaning shared space more often such as phone receivers, keyboards, steering wheels and office equipment.
- Refraining from sharing personal items such as forks, spoons, toothbrushes and towels.